There are many companies on the market offering IT security testing and analysis, including penetration testing for classic software products.
However, there are many topics beyond classic software security that are beyond the typical comfort zone and experience of IT security providers:
- embedded devices, with security requirements close to the boundary of hardware and software
- deeply embedded devices with non-mainstream microcontroller architectures
- devices interfacing complex mobile communications interfaces (GSM, UMTS, TETRA, etc.)
- telecom infrastructure equipment (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE)
- devices using proprietary black-box RF communication systems, ranging from RFID to new IoT systems like SigFox or LoRa.
The specialty of hmw-consulting is in security analysis of exactly such slightly more challenging, off-mainstream systems.