hmw-consulting is a Berlin (Germany) based Information Technology Consulting Business, offering consulting, development and training in
- Networking (Internet, Intranet, Extranet)
- Network Security (Firewalls, Proxies, Intrusion Detection, VPN)
- Communications Protocol Security (GSM, GPRS, UMTS)
- Linux Kernel Development (Device Drivers, Networking Protcols)
- Embedded Linux (ARM, MIPS, x86, PowerPC)
- Industrial Linux Computing (Data Acquisition, Statistical Process Control)
- Free and Open Source Licensing (GPL compliance auditing, Training in current best practises, ...)
- RFID hardware and software development, security analysis (ISO 14443, ISO 15693)
- GSM and GPRS protocols (all layers, Um, A-bis, A interface, MAP/CAP)
- UMTS protocols and interfaces
More details see Areas of Expertise
hmw-consulting is operated by Harald Welte, who is a long-term supporter and active member of the Free Software community. His expertise in Linux Kernel development and networking security made him Chairman of the netfilter coreteam. He's one of the principal authors of the Linux 2.4+ Kernel packet filter, securing virtually every Linux installation in existence.
As an expert in this subject, Mr. Welte has presented numerous papers at technical conferences all over the world. His skills in Unix Networking made him a technical advisor (MVP) to Brainbench, Inc.
Harald Welte has received the 2007 Award for the Advancement of Free Software and the 2008 Google / O'Reilly Open Source Award "Defender of Rights"
Founded by Free Software enthusiast Harald Welte, hmw-consulting strongly believes in the Free Software (sometimes referred to as open source) model.